Senior Director, Policy & Government Affairs, Asia-Pacific
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax is seeking a Senior Director, Policy and Government Affairs, APAC. This position reports to the Vice President of Policy and Government Affairs within the Commercial Organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the senior Policy & Government Affairs representative within the APAC region, representing the company before government officials, policymakers, and relevant stakeholders.
- Build and lead a Policy and Government Affairs Team with a presence in key APAC markets, including Singapore, Australia, and New Zealand, working in close collaboration with local partners and marketing authorization holders.
- Execute upon the Policy and Government Affairs agenda as part of the broader Commercial strategy that supports multiple vaccine launches and promotes optimal consumer access to our novel vaccines.
- Design a comprehensive engagement strategy for the APAC region that aligns with corporate and global policy objectives, develop proactive strategies to address implications of legislative and regulatory developments, and identify opportunities to advance our policy agenda.
- Monitor APAC healthcare market trends, relevant legislative and regulatory developments, and analyze their impact to Novavax.
- Participate in external organizations and trade associations engaged in public policy and government affairs activities.
- Partner with the Novavax Advocacy Team to create broad-based stakeholder coalitions around key policy initiatives, enabling stakeholder advocates with an effective voice to communicate with policymakers.
- Build and maintain relationships with policymakers and their staff.
- Shape corporate messaging that is used with external stakeholders and policymakers and develop materials in support of policy positions.
- Manage public affairs consultants in the region and ensure coordination of their activities in support of strategy execution.
- Participate on and bring an understanding of the APAC policy and political landscape to cross-functional teams, including Market Access, Advocacy, Government Alliances, Communications, Sales, Marketing, Legal and Regulatory.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: advanced degree in healthcare policy, law, business, health sciences or any other related field
- 10+ years of experience in APAC-based policy and/or government affairs roles in government institutions and/or the private sector. Experience in biopharmaceutical sector preferred
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with policymakers
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively engage internally & externally
- Strategic planning skills with detail-oriented approach to execution
- Strong analytical skills to assess and effectively communicate how legislation and policy changes impact the company and business environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple internal departments, including Market Access, Government Alliances, Advocacy, Marketing, Communications, Legal, Regulatory and Medical Affairs
- Fluent in English
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)