Associate II - Analytical Development, Physicochemical, Early-Stage (Contractor)
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of Position:
We are currently seeking an Associate II - Analytical Development (Physicochemical, Early-Stage). This contractor role is responsible for contributing to the method development, qualification, and technology transfer for analytical methods to support Early-Stage programs, including Influenza, RSV, and others. The qualified individual will bring experience in relevant analytical technologies, such as SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis, DLS, RP-HPLC, and IEX-HPLC. The position will perform in-process testing, as needed, in order to support the Process Development, Formulation Development, and Manufacturing teams, in addition to method development and qualification.
This position will be located at our Gaithersburg, MD facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead design and execution of method development, qualification, and technology transfer into the Quality Control team.
- Write, review, and edit standard operating procedures, test methods, protocols and reports
- Analyze and present scientific data to internal and external meetings.
- Utilize design of experiment (DOE) and other statistical data analysis to support a quality by design approach to method lifecycle.
- Keeps accurate testing records and assures that laboratory equipment has been calibrated, standardized, and monitored as appropriate.
- Assists in the maintenance of the lab including routine housekeeping activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- A minimum of: Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of experience OR Master’s degree with at least 1 year experience.
- Knowledge of analytical methodologies, such as:
- HPLC and UPLC analytical technologies, including RP-HPLC and/or IEX-HPLC
- BCA, µBCA, and CBQCA
- SDS-PAGE, CE-SDS, and DLS
- UV-Vis (Cary60 and/or SoloVPE)
- Experience with Qualification, Technology Transfer, and Validation of analytical methods per ICH guidelines is a plus
- Experience in statistical data analysis and design of experiments (DOE) in JMP or equivalent software is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong team player
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.