Medical Science Liaison (MSL) / Sr. MSL - Great Lakes
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position:
The MSL/Sr. MSL will be responsible for building and maintaining compliant high-level scientific relationships with external advisors, payers, and thought leaders affiliated with relevant institutions and organizations. This individual will serve as the non-promotional scientific conduit between Novavax and the relevant healthcare community to provide high-quality scientific expertise related to the company’s vaccines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a vaccine subject matter expert to various external stakeholders in the assigned geography, which extends from Iowa across to Pennsylvania
- Identify and engage in scientific exchange with thought leaders, professional groups, organizations, decision-makers, and other key stakeholders in the assigned geography
- Capture and report scientific insights in a timely and compliant manner
- Respond to unsolicited scientific questions/requests for medical information and document these requests and responses in a timely and compliant manner
- Facilitate company-sponsored research initiatives, at the direction of Medical Affairs leadership
- Represent Medical Affairs at scientific meetings and congresses, as assigned by MSL leadership
- Provide medical support for the Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) program
- Support commercial colleagues through internal scientific training
- Coordinate with Market Access to provide education and presentations to Managed Care organizations, Pharmacy &Therapeutics Committees, and Formulary Review Boards
- Provide medical support for the planning and execution of external medical/scientific speaker identification, training, and evaluation
- MD, DO, PharmD, and/or PhD in a relevant clinical/scientific discipline
- Ability to network and partner with external customers, including scientific leaders, investigators, academic clinical practice leaders, and members of key medical organizations
- Knowledge of vaccination guidelines, clinical research processes, FDA regulations, HIPAA, and other relevant ethics/compliance guidelines, laws, and regulations
- Understanding of the managed care landscape, health economics, healthcare reimbursement, and the distribution channels relevant to the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Self-starter capable of working without intense oversight
- Results-oriented with strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, iOs-based platform applications, and various remote engagement technologies
- Commitment to full compliance with all Novavax SOPs, legal and regulatory requirements, and PhRMA guidelines.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
- Experience as an MSL in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry highly preferred; minimum 2+ years professional experience as an MSL in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry required for Sr. MSL position
- Therapeutic area expertise in infectious diseases and experience in vaccines are highly preferred
- Launch experience highly preferred
- MSL experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry within Territory IA/WI/IL/IN/OH/MI/PA
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Remote - Indianapolis, IN
GREENWOOD, Indiana, USA
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.