Global Supply Planner (Hybrid)
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position:
Working with the Manager of Production Planning & Coordination you will define and lead the production planning processes for the organization. As a Global Supply Planner, you will partner with internal stakeholders as well as a CMO network to drive clarity in execution across the end-to-end supply chain. You will be an integral member of the Operations Team and expected to develop and deliver best-in-class production planning capabilities. Onsite presence expected 1-2x per quarter - Hybrid role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring that CMOs produce to customer demand
- Manages the systematic allocation of inventory through MRP from raw materials through finished goods across the global supply chain
- Coordinates with CMOs, QA, QC, Logistics, and Supply Chain management to ensure smooth movement within and between each supply node
- Setup and maintain product, asset, and transportation lane master data in ERP systems
- Monitors actual and forecasted consumption of materials and works with CMO partners for ordering replenishment stock
- Set, review, and evaluate safety stock levels, supplier & QA lead times, and supplier performance on a regular basis to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Tracks and reports vendor performance and communicates with vendors on supply issues
- Maintains complete and current knowledge of material BOMs, production processes, and issues effecting product availability
- Maintains alignment between tactical supply chain execution at CMOs against mid to long range supply plan
- Ensures continued visibility to manufacturing execution, analytical testing, shipping/receiving schedules, and batch release at partner sites
- Maintain and input master data into ERP system
- Responsible for identifying and resolving complex issues affecting productions, planning, scheduling, logistics, and customer service
- Process owner for planning and scheduling processes
- Participates in Supply chain initiatives around value stream mapping, lead time improvements, network strategy, and supplier management
- Participates in Supply & Demand meetings as part of the Global Supply Chain planning cycle
- Accountability for availability of critical raw materials to start production processes at designated manufacturing sites (internal and external)
- Biopharmaceutical planning and supply chain management
- ERP system management and transaction processing
- Ability to define supply chain metrics and hold indirect partners accountable
- Ability to work in and direct cross functional teams
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Knowledge of CMO networks and operating relationships within an orchestrator model
- Information management and quantitative skills, including MRP planning, ERP management, and modelling tools
- Industry-specific knowledge of biopharmaceutical supply chains.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional image with the ability to form good partner relationships across functions.
The position requires hands-on experience working with:
- 2+ years of Supply Chain planning experience within the biopharmaceutical industry, particularly external manufacturing
- Experience with performance management of external suppliers
- Demonstrated experience with successfully executing programs that meet or exceed expectations in a dynamic environment.
- Experience creating tools and capabilities to assist with data visualization, management, and drawing insight from data
- Competent in MS Office applications particularly MS Word, Excel, and some Power Point.
- Working knowledge of Life Sciences industry, cGMPs, CMOs, and Supply Chain fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Operations Management, Engineering, or equivalent.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)