Vaccines Account Manager - Atlanta, GA
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position:
The company seeks a highly experienced Vaccines Account Manager. The role requires consultative customer engagement with strong vaccine experience, as well as educational, training, and operational skills to assist in establishing our fast-growing company on the introduction of our COVID 19 vaccine.
The Vaccines Account Manager will be fully accountable to their assigned territory responsible for providing early education awareness of Novavax COVID 19 vaccine under an emergency use authorization (EUA) with future promotion of our follow-on portfolio of vaccine products. This includes developing, leading, and executing product education & pull through strategies, plans and initiatives. The Vaccines Account Manager will report to a Regional Business Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage all customer segments as Novavax first representative in the US marketplace responsible for the education and awareness of our current EUA and COVID 19 vaccine and follow-on products. Vaccines Account Managers will also be responsible for launching future BLA products within their respective geography. Account Managers will be expected to deliver relevant information in a compliant manner.
- Build effective and trusting customer relationships in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Maintain a proactive and methodical approach toward call objectives (e.g., clear next steps and appropriate documentation, managing to goals and putting customers at the heart of everything we do) and utilizes current digital tools effectively (e.g., Veeva Engage, Teams, WebEx, Microsoft Office).
- Adapts quickly to new tools for successful customer engagement; leverages analytics to assist with developing insights and next best action plans.
- Proactively build and update business plans to address all customer types and opportunities in the territory.
- Explore and develop new relationships, while effectively maintaining existing relationships, with key contacts and opinion leaders across varied customer base, e.g., healthcare systems, physician buying groups, key accounts, key HCPs, and other influential stakeholders.
- Ensure key stakeholder education and awareness of our products throughout the territory geography in both public and private sectors.
- Engage and develop strategic partnerships with large customers such as IDNs, Public Health Departments, Physician buying groups, KOLs, and Military/VA to educate health professionals on our products and company resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical
- Buy and bill experience mandatory, vaccine therapeutics experience preferred
- Valid US driver’s license and driving record in compliance with company standards
- Overnight travel will be required
- Documented success in launching products and new market expansion.
- Proven track record of top performance (Vaccines, Specialty Sales).
- Demonstrated track record of strong business acumen, problem solving, strategic thinking, data analytical skills, prioritization, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to persuade, engage, influence and support customers throughout the promotional and sales process, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and understanding of external market influencers and trends within assigned geography such as, State immunization policy, VFC, payers, key opinion leaders, Physician Buying Groups, group purchasing organizations, channel partners, professional organizations, and other influential stakeholders).
- Sees ambiguity as opportunity and has ability to work with highly complex issues and adapt approach to maximize impact due to high learning agility and people agility.
- Demonstrate team oriented and cross functional collaboration skills which cultivate relationships based on mutual trust.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
East Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Remote - Atlanta N, GA
North Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Remote - Atlanta S, GA
South Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.