Global Benefits and Well-Being Manager
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Summary of the Position:
The Global Benefits and Well-Being is responsible for supporting benefits and wellness within our current and expanding global markets utilizing their expertise to aid in implementing and administering country-specific as well as global organizational benefit programs. As a member of the benefits team, you will support our employees’ benefits needs and contribute to the development and implementation of the global expansion roadmap. This is an exciting opportunity to make significant contributions to our global employment strategy.
Benefits Administration & Management:
- Manage the day-to-day administration, communication and operations of global benefits and wellness programs.
- Manage on-boarding and implementation of new vendors for in-country benefits.
- Research and respond to questions from employees regarding benefit plans, eligibility, and covered services.
- Administer and evaluate global wellness and education programs to promote healthy lifestyles and employee satisfaction.
- Administer international leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable government entities.
- Implement global benefit plan design changes and enhancements based upon market trends and business needs.
- Conduct data audits individually and with the third-party benefit service system/HRIS vendor(s) and insurance carriers.
- Manage administrative and case management issues as well as data processing activities daily.
- Ensure all benefit changes and related processes are administered/maintained, communicated, and reported on accurately. Work with internal stakeholders and vendors to resolve or escalate issues as needed.
- Draft employee communications.
- Coordinate with Accounting regarding payroll changes.
- Support vendor relationships management, assist in reviewing contracts and service level agreements and holding vendors accountable to them; and optimizing their services to the employees.
- Develop/maintain project scope and objectives, procedures documents, project plans and process execution.
- Monitor project schedules to ensure timelines and deliverables are met; notify project manager or internal stake holder(s) if timelines are in jeopardy.
- Manage on-going relationships with benefit plan brokers, providers, vendors and consultants to ensure engagement in plan administration, and to coordinate regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Ensure vendor payments are made on time and in compliance with contractual terms; including auditing, tracking and recording all enrollment data and billing information
- Partner with HRIS Technology on future configuration and implementation projects for any module changes or vendor transitions.
Well-Being and Engagement:
- Support the work-life programs within HR including, but not limited to alternative work options, concierge and family support services, employee assistance program.
- Work with Benefits team to develop Global Well-being strategy.
- Partner with colleagues on the team for a coordinated approach to global wellbeing and support for global partners for benefits and wellbeing resources.
- Support communication strategy for global benefit offerings. Use effective communication vehicles to optimize impact and understanding.
- Assist in development of materials to support onboarding and education regarding new and evolving benefits.
- Communicate country-specific benefits information to the employees and hiring managers by helping contribute to country-specific offer letters and onboarding materials, conducting benefits orientation for new employees, updating the intranet, and supporting/communicating wellness initiatives.
- Independently provide technical and subject matter expertise regarding assigned programs requiring an in-depth knowledge of regulations, policies, and procedures applicable within the organization.
- Manage complex business functions and activities and ensures programs fully comply with regulatory requirements while meeting performance needs.
- Collaborate with Benefits Leadership and HRBPs on development of a Global Wellness Committee, including representatives from all levels of the organization. Ongoing collaboration and facilitation of employer wellness committee
- Partner with HRBPs, OCOMM, to build and disseminate employee communications
- Provide direct support to employees with benefit related questions or issues.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality with respect to employee data and personal issues
- Develop and streamline processes for efficiency while ensuring positive employee and manager experience, consistency, and compliance.
- Educate employees about the system (enrollment practices) by creating and maintaining documentation and communication materials, conducting employee meetings/seminars, and contributing to other initiatives to educate employees about benefit programs.
- Contribute to and participate in department and organization wide projects designed to enhance the benefits enrollment service and related technology, training and processes as well as provide coaching and guidance to internal stakeholders as needed.
- Keep internal stakeholders aware of complex cases by producing reports, providing status updates, and seeking advice as necessary.
- Stay abreast of system updates and enhancements and ensure company compliance with county legal provisions as applicable to Health and Welfare / benefit programs.
- Generate reporting metrics and analytics for benefits program enrollment.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Global Benefits Manager: A minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in benefits, including 4 years of experience in administering global benefits is required.
- International Benefit Administration Experience in the following region is preferred: EMEA
- Working knowledge of general business and HR practices with understanding of Human Resources programs, processes and data is required
Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Professional Certification preferred (CEBS, PHR, SPHR, etc.)
- Deals with ambiguity and can change directions when needed
- Proficiency with HRIS (Workday/UKG Pro) Systems and Reporting, & Microsoft Office Suite
- Communicates effectively, strong, and engaging facilitator
- Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, and present employee information and data accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to organize work and follow-up skills are critical to the successful performance of position responsibilities
- Critical thinker with strong time-management, organization, and prioritization skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to operate independently in an ambiguous environment and handle complex employee issues with sensitivity and high level of confidentiality is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, across all levels of the organization
- Must be flexible and a strong team player
- Must accommodate working hours of international operations; flexibility in meeting times throughout the day
- Sound public speaking skills are required
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.
Zurich, Zurich, CHE
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.