Marketing Head Europe
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Summary of the Position:
We are seeking a Head of Marketing for Europe. This position will own the cluster strategy and business operations. As the region head, you will build and lead a highly experienced team of Key Account Management, Market Access, and Sales to successfully drive the business. This position reports to the European GM and will be part of the EU Leadership team.
Key activities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of two Europe-based Marketers responsible for supporting the AOP and Marketing plan execution
- Support in-country Marketing strategies and tactics
- Responsible for the strategic planning of the Annual Operating Plan and ways of working in concert with Customer Engagement & Market Access, government/policy, and medical affairs experts dependent on a solution to create holistic strategies
- You will be the bridge between Global and Countries, ensuring each market is resourced to deliver high levels of access, customer support, and expected market penetration while mapping the region landscape
- Plan and drive multi-channel brand marketing strategy from end to end to drive awareness and ensure sustainable growth of the business and optimal brand equity. Work with the global brand marketing team for strategic planning
- Champion customer insights throughout the organization to ensure sustainable growth of the business and optimal brand equity.
- Own and drive the regional KOL strategy including admin management of cross-functional KOLs
- Identify and assess threats and opportunities in key markets rising out of legislation, policies and regulation from WHO, MOH/government, and/or private payers as well as competitive market access moves that can impact the access of Novavax' existing and pipeline products. Responsible for developing strategies and plans to address the evolving reimbursement environment
- Guide core teams to ensure decisions to generate clinical and Real-World Evidence are taken early enough to support the regional strategy
- Build an annual strategic plan and provide quarterly updates, revisions, and modifications to the plan as needed
- Build key customer relationships with existing and future customers
- Develop department policies and SOPs with key stakeholders
- Develop and manage business KPIs according to company objectives and strategy
- B.A./B.S. required Master’s degree in relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum of 15 yrs. extensive Marketing / Commercial combined experience in the Biotech and / or Pharmaceutical industry. Vaccine-specific experience highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 yrs. successful European experience in leadership positions with emphasis on Marketing and customer-facing roles.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to successfully work across functional and geographic boundaries, preferably across multiple countries/market types/access models
- Ideal candidate is located within the EU (Home office), speaks multiple languages including English proficiency, and can demonstrate excellence in working with colleagues within US-based headquarters and with affiliated partners in various regions around the world
- Experienced in a start-up environment
- Strong analytical, collaborative, negotiation, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Thrives in changing and ambiguous environments requiring flexibility, agility, and creativity
Demonstrated leadership skills with a strong track record of producing results in a highly matrixed environment. Experience building and leading high-caliber teams
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)