Manager, Operations Finance
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
We are seeking a Manager, Operations Finance to join the team located in Gaithersburg, MD. As a member of our Operations Finance team, you will report to the Senior Director, Operations Finance. This role will support the global Operations functions and be responsible for the decision support, budgeting and forecasting, contract reviews and close activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Operations team with the global launch of the Novavax COVID vaccine and the related build-out of global capabilities. The Operations team includes manufacturing, quality, process development, analytical development, supply chain, and regulatory affairs.
- Provide financial and accounting support for the Operations team including providing inputs for standard costing and inventory accounting for clinical and commercial supply across a global network of Novavax sites and partners.
- Support the Operations long-range plans that incorporate the financial impacts of the Company’s strategies and initiatives. Support the annual budget and forecast process.
- Review monthly financials/KPI reporting related to the Operations functions in accordance with company policies and US GAAP. Enhance management reporting and commentary that provides senior leaders with timely insights into trends, operational results, and growth drivers.
- Establish and maintain internal controls consistent with corporate requirements and good business practice. Oversee coordination of information to external auditors.
- Work with the business and IT teams to enhance SAP system functionality to drive transparency and efficiency of operations.
- Ability to be onsite and travel to business plants, as needed
- BA or BS degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA and MBA preferred, but not required.
- 8+ years finance experience, preferably with Biotech company including 3+ years with a Big 4 Audit Firm.
- Experience working in global high growth companies is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and SOX is required.
- Background in global manufacturing finance and experience managing standard costing and inventory close process preferred.
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty and model ethical behavior and core values of the company
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and communication skills. Ability to influence cross functional teams and mentor and build a team of financial professionals
- Business partner mindset with advanced / expert Excel financial modeling skills
- Strong financial system / ERP expertise and passionate about business excellence and continuous improvement in processes.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.