Vaccines Account Manager (Switzerland)
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Summary of the Position:
The company seeks a proven and highly motivated Regional Vaccines Account Manager. The role will require a consultative scientific approach in addition to commercial prowess. The successful candidate will have a background in competitive RX mass markets, whilst possessing the entrepreneurial and operational skills to progress our organisation to become the market leader.
The Regional Vaccines Account Manager will be fully accountable to their assigned territory responsible for the promotion of Novavax’ COVID 19 vaccine and follow-on portfolio of vaccine products. This includes developing, leading, and executing sales & pull through strategies, plans and initiatives to achieve territory sales objectives, to maximize market share.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage HCPs as Novavax' initial commercial representative in the marketplace to promote the use of our COVID 19 vaccine and future products.
- Effectively build rapport and relationships with customers across virtual and F2F environments; maintain a methodical approach toward call objectives, e.g., clear next steps and appropriate documentation; utilize current digital tools effectively
- Build and maintain regional business plans to address all customer types in the territory together with the Country Director
- Deliver appropriate resources, key messages and study results to customers to meet their needs whilst maintaining an accurate customer relation management system (Veeva)
- Tailoring customer engagements using both virtual as well as face to face means delivering clinical and operational information in a compliant manner
- Explores and develops new relationships and effectively maintains existing relationships with key contacts and opinion leaders across customer base, e.g., healthcare institutions (cantons; vaccination centers; hospitals), physician buying groups and Individual HCP and pharmacies
- Fully responsible for business throughout the territory (HCP, Pharmacy, distribution etc.)
- Engaging public health departments, KOLs, sophisticated customer types to educate health professionals on our products and company resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable educational background
- Minimum 2-5 years recent sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical
- Ideally sales experience in vaccine area or other RX products in a broader competitive market
- Demonstrated success in launching products and new market expansion
- Proven track record of top performance and sales results (ideally Vaccines, Specialty Sales)
- Demonstrated track record of strong business acumen, problem solving and hand-on project management. Contribution to regional data analytics and formulation strategy, execute planning
- Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and support customers throughout the promotional and sales process, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- At ease to build on current networks, expand and deploy it to promote vaccination
- Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations preferred
- Good digital skills for regional analyses and planning and as well to communicate in modern forms with a variety of customers
- Team oriented and cross functional collaboration skills
- Fluent German or French required. Good English language skills preferred also
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)