Associate Director, Finance, International
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
We are seeking an Associate Director Finance to join the team located in Zurich, Switzerland. This role will support the finance team to ensure the accuracy of financial information and smooth financial operations of EU/APAC functions and markets
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Operations team with the global launch of the Nuvaxovid vaccine and the related build-out of markets and capabilities by providing centrally driven Operations Finance support.
- Responsible for the accuracy of financial information via the monthly close process across the EU/APAC affiliates including, monthly Gross to Net booking, Accruals, etc.
- Ensure all accounting activities and finance driven processes comply with company policies and financial regulations.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place to ensure compliance with GAAP, SOX and applicable laws and regulations.
- Direct responsibility for cash planning and monitoring. Build partnerships with key stakeholders to understand cash requirements.
- Responsible for local market affiliate statuary yearly submissions in collaboration with Global Finance.
- Work with the business and IT teams to enhance ERP and other financial systems functionality to drive transparency and efficiency of operations.
- BA or BS degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- 8+ years Accounting experience from Pharma including 3+ years with a Big 4 Audit Firm preferred.
- Experience working in global high growth companies as plus.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX is required.
- Background in central finance function and experience providing detailed financial modeling preferred.
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty and model ethical behavior and core values of the company.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and communication skills. Ability to influence cross functional teams and mentor and build a team of financial professionals.
- Business partner mindset with advanced / expert Excel financial modeling skills
- Strong financial system / ERP expertise and passionate about business excellence and continuous improvement in processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Zurich, Zurich, CHE
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.