Project Management Office (PMO) Program Lead
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position:
We are seeking a Capital Portfolio Management Office Lead to work in our Gaithersburg, MD Engineering and Project Management group. This position reports directly to the Sr Manager of Capital Project Management but works closely with all members of the Engineering, Validation, Facilities, and the Manufacturing Operations group.
The Portfolio Management Office Lead will establish and implement at the site a comprehensive Portfolio Management Framework for project selection, prioritization, planning, execution, close-out, oversight, and governance. Individual will act in a leadership role in the strategic prioritization of site projects and initiatives. The PMO Lead will assist in the adherence to and definition of standards for project management and processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and Launch a comprehensive Projects Portfolio Management program for project selection, prioritization, planning, execution, close-out, oversight, and governance.
- Train site teams on the implementation of the PMO Framework.
- Train individuals and teams on Portfolio Management guidelines and initiatives.
- Manage prioritized One list for the site.
- Lead the improvement of project planning and execution capabilities for personnel leading projects.
- Assist site Project Managers in developing project scope definitions and cost estimates.
- Provide strategic decision support for effective governance of all projects and programs in the site Portfolio.
- Manage Portfolio Management steering team meetings, actions and site scorecard status.
- Communicate Portfolio and Project priorities and progress to team on a continuing basis.
- Provide project management support functions to include maintenance of the PMO Framework, its processes, tools and templates
- Ensure that employees have the PMO tools needed to perform their jobs.
- Facilitate communication between management and non-management.
- Facilitate team meetings to discuss progress, initiatives, and/or other matters.
- Ensure lessons learned activity is executed at the end of every project as an integral part of project close-out.
- Identify temporary and permanent fixes to address issues.
- Define and monitor key performance indicators to meet strategic goals.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to meet strategic goals.
- Collect, record, and report on established projects metrics as defined in the PMO Framework.
- Manage team's priorities, goals, and resource allocation.
- Communicate PMO Framework policies and procedures to employees.
- Assess and implement improvements in productivity, waste generation, quality and cost.
- Develop and communicate a vision for the function in alignment with overall organizational goals.
- 4-year degree in Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 10-15 years of experience in a PMO role (within a regulated or cGMP industry preferred but not required) or equivalent number of years in managing capital Projects in a PMO organization.
- Ability to lead and mentor peers and Project Managers.
- MBA or Master’s in Engineering, IT or similar discipline
- 3-5 years of experience managing technical projects
- PMP certification or similar
- Familiar with PMBOK or Prince2
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)