Director, Health Economics & Real-World Evidence, Europe & Middle East
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Summary of the Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual as a Director in the European and Middle East Region within the Real-World Evidence (RWE) function of the Medical Affairs organization. The Director is essential in planning and delivering health economic/outcomes research that is scientifically credible and demonstrates high-quality evidence aligned with the needs of key decision makers responsible for fostering domestic and international healthcare policies and standards of care. The Director will lead or support multiple assets at various phases of development and will be accountable for the development of evidence generation plans.
This position is remote-based. International travel is anticipated.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and contribute to the overall global evidence generation for Novavax vaccines as it relates to RWE studies, health economic modeling, dossiers for reimbursement, value communication, observational research pragmatic RWE trials, and field tool development.
- With focus on local and external stakeholders’ needs, ensure quality, visibility, and continuity of health outcomes activity conducted locally or in the region.
- Develop RWE plans, design innovative RWE studies, implement robust analyses, and collaborate with multiple cross-functional stakeholders and partners throughout the organization to demonstrate the value of Novavax vaccines.
- Take the health economic/outcomes research plan from concept to publication. This position will oversee, contribute to, and manage study quality, scientific content, resources, project plan, budgets, and vendors.
- Define appropriate research questions and data sources, study design, and analytical approaches that are rigorous and fit-for-purpose.
- Generate evidence to assist payers, healthcare provider decision makers, policy makers, and patients in understanding the value of our vaccines.
- Attend and actively participate as an RWE vaccine expert to key internal and external stakeholders. In addition, have the ability to participate in key meetings as the industry expert on key external public health panels and working groups.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding the scientific, clinical, public health, and commercial developments in multiple disease areas, as well as a robust understanding of country-specific evidence needs by key population-based decision makers.
- Advanced degree (e.g., PhD, PharmD, DrPH, or MD) in an RWE-related field (e.g., epidemiology, outcomes research, health services research, health economics, health policy). A clinical background should be supplemented with advanced quantitative training demonstrated by a minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field.
- Six years of relevant experience (e.g., academia, consulting, and/or industry); a minimum of five years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology/vaccine industry.
- Solid understanding of NITAG, HTA and reimbursement environment from local country role
- In-depth expert knowledge of RWE and its application to demonstrate vaccine safety and effectiveness.
- Experience starting and executing post-licensure and post-marketing commitment studies including protocol design, budget management, as well as assignment and oversight of CROs and other vendors.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and executing multiple research projects with no or minimal supervision using real-world data from claims, electronic health records, registries, biobanks, and/or digital applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory environment concerning post-licensure commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to build credible professional relations with key opinion leaders/external experts to enhance study enrollment and publication plans.
- Well-developed conceptual and integrative thinking with capability to access internal and external resources for advice.
- Demonstrated proficiency in more than one research methodology (claims analysis, cost effectiveness, budget impact modeling, meta-analysis).
- Demonstrated ability to publish study results in peer-reviewed journals and present those results at scientific conferences.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including international travel.
- Experience with Registry enrollment and evidence generation using Registry data.
- Experience with vaccines preferred, specifically in conducting health economic/outcomes research studies pre and post launch
- Experience with leading multiple projects and studies for NITAG, HTA and reimbursement purposes in key European markets
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.