Commercial & Marketing Manager (Italy)
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Summary of the Position:
This role is an operational vaccines position within the Italian commercial team. As part of the team this critical role will oversee and be accountable for Italian marketing and business operations. Key responsibilities will be to support in the Italian legal entity setup, agree and implement distribution model and manage the tender capabilities. This role will involve making Novavax prepared to deliver its future vaccine pipeline to the customer, will report to the National Country Director, but work closely with our European and USA cross functional teams. This role provides strategic marketing, go to market access, other initiatives leadership and in the future sales management. Critical to the role is building strong relationships and effective collaboration both within the key departments of the Italian Health Authorities and internal functions. In doing so, this role will help to shape key strategic decisions, including tendering and direct purchase strategies and e-marketing platform development, this role will support the development of value propositions for our ever changing customers and work closely with our finance team to develop industry leading financial customer propositions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the planning and implementation of the new Italian company entity
- Assist in the development of Pan-European Novavax product management and e-marketing platforms, whilst ensuring financial compliance and ease for customer use.
- Lead on the implementation of Italian marketing strategies and process for the Italian market preparing the company for future therapeutic tenders for all pipeline products
- Working in collaboration with marketing, government/policy and medical affairs experts dependent on solution to create holistic strategies.
- Map external payers and funder environment maintaining a close monitoring of future developments within Italian business operations
- Deliver evidence planning provided by market Access teams to expand reimbursement to adjacent patient segments and new markets.
- Be responsible for integrating pricing, payer research, health economic and epidemiology information to develop the optimal forecast strategy.
- Take budgetary responsibility for defining and managing the commercial operations budget, ensuring that spending is managed effectively throughout the year and to plan.
- Prepare for sales force implementation and management in line with European timelines
- Requires Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry (global, regional or operating company level) with a focus on Commercial Operations and Marketing.
- Recent experience of working within the vaccine industry / vaccine commercial operations is essential.
- Understanding and/or experience of the reimbursement environment for Italian market is required, preferably with e-marketing experience or management of platforms.
- Deep understanding of Italian Vaccines structures and experience of Italian regulatory environment is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability to successfully work across functional and geographic boundaries, preferably across multiple countries/market types/access models, is required.
- An ability to manage multiple demands and priorities on time, influence without authority, gain alignment and drive decision making is required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with a strong track record of producing results in a matrix-based environment are required.
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically is required.
Travel: Approximately 20-30 % of the time
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, colour, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)