Data Governance Project Manager - Remote
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position:
We are seeking a Project Manager with a strong technical background to manage key projects for the Data Science and CMC Statistics Team. The primary purpose of the Data Governance Project Manager role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects. Responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope, oversee all aspects of projects, develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor, track, and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The ideal candidate will work directly with the team to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management and proven success improving performance outcomes through operational excellence and problem solving in a matrix environment. You should be an excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks. you also need to be a team player and have a problem-solving aptitude.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track, trend, and manage ongoing projects and initiatives to ensure on time project delivery
- Drive tracking and trending of business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure projects success
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines, tracking performance on long- and short-term plans
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Communicating with all levels to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering related discipline
- 3+ years Project Management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with project management software tools
- Experience leading cross functional projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 products, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Teams
- Ability to lead and motivate others; ability to empathize and knowledge of personality types.
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Solid understanding of current good manufacturing practices (GMPs) a plus
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies, and of how other enterprises are using them to drive digital business.
- Ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Other skills including planning, leadership, detail-oriented, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, analytical skills, collaboration, and one team, can do attitude.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.