Head of Human Resources, ROW
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Summary of the Position:
The Head of Human Resources, Europe will report to the Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer and serve as the HR leader for our Europe operations and subsidiaries. The Head of Human Resources (HR) will advise, consult, oversee, coordinate, and partner on all human resources activities in partnership with the corporate & subsidiary HR departments as well as leaders across regions.
This role will ensure all HR-related activities are delivered efficiently, effectively, and in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategically lead a team of experienced local HR country leads and function as a centralized HR project champion to execute and drive results
- Build processes, infrastructure and the alignment needed to deliver upon corporate people strategies
- Partner with senior leaders and their teams to drive business strategies and optimize business performance, including long-term organizational and workforce planning, human capital analysis, strategic direction in designing, developing, and implementing people strategies
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on global people practices including regulations, ensure compliance with applicable labor laws and works councils, accepted professional standards, policies and procedures including legislation on data protection, (i.e. GDPR).
- Provide HR leadership and support to management and employees located in operations and subsidiaries around Europe
- Partner, consult, and coach leaders on proper administration of total rewards programs, talent acquisition strategies, recognition and retention tools, etc. as appropriate by region
- Manage strategic partnership with Global Professional Employer Organization
- Provide coaching, development, and leadership to direct reports and other subsidiary HR team members
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of global and local changes on employees, HR systems and operations
- Build strong relationships at all levels across functional departments and within HR to influence decision making in a collaborative way
- Serve as a change agent in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Partner, consult, advise, and coach leaders on performance management matters including full cycle talent management and people development
- Advise, make recommendations to, and work closely with site specific HR teams on employee relations matters. This includes coaching site HR teams and leaders, apprising corporate HR leadership about areas of opportunity; and aligning with legal department and local counsel to ensure compliance with applicable labor laws and works councils.
- Partner with HR subject matter experts, such as Global Benefits, Global Compensation, Global HRIS, Global Talent Acquisition, Global People Partners, and Global Learning & Organizational Development, to ensure execution of all HR operations within assigned functional areas
- Determine appropriate reports, dashboards, etc. to support leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or Social Sciences is required
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Psychology, Organization Development, or the Sciences is preferred
- Fluent level of both spoken and written English
- HR Certification or willingness to obtain one is preferred(SHRM, HRCI, CIPD, etc.)
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience, with a minimum of 10 years in a HR Generalist role including experience managing others
- Experience in international HR operations
- Functional knowledge of most HR disciplines
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, with proven ability to organize and analyze data
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple organization-wide projects and initiatives
- Ability to listen and to persuasively convey ideas and recommendations
- Keen awareness of and sensitivity to maintaining confidentiality across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with employees from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Must be dedicated to developing strong, trusting relationships with clients and colleagues across the organization, and be viewed as a trusted advisor
- Ability to always convey a positive and professional demeanor to employees
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment but understand when to escalate questions/issues
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, and team building skills
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Zurich, Zurich, CHE
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.