Associate Director/Director, Commercial Manufacturing Alliance Leader
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a late-stage biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally by discovering, developing, and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax is uniquely qualified to address the enduring need for innovative vaccines. We utilize our proprietary recombinant technology platform, which combines genetic engineering's power and speed to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles designed to address urgent global health needs. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world's most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Novavax is looking to fill a Associate Director / Director - Commercial Manufacturing Alliance Leader. The Commercial Manufacturing Alliance Leader is the manufacturing and supply interface between the Supply Chain, CMC Program Leadership, and Manufacturing assigned products. The products are manufactured across several sites across all the Global Business Units, External CMOs and with our alliance partners. The Commercial Manufacturing Alliance Leader ensures alignment and proper prioritization across involved manufacturing sites and internal platforms to deliver the product roadmap aligned with the business unit drivers. Additionally, the role requires an individual with strong leadership and relationship management skills to ensure a collaborative relationship with our alliance partners. This person will report to the Executive Director of CMC Strategy
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manufacturing and Supply representative (E2E, including Drug Substance, Drug Product, Packaging) in CMC Teams for the manufacturing of commercial products in conjunction with Alliance Partners.
- Provides strategic plan to the CMC Team in the execution of the commercial product manufacturing plan. Together with each functional leader (/Functional MSAT heads, Quality, Regulatory, DS & DP Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.), defines the manufacturing product strategy including: schedule, manufacturing sourcing, COGS requirements/improvements in alignment with business unit requirements, product portfolio dynamics and company priorities.
- Oversees the development of the commercial manufacturing supply roadmap, including prioritization of critical projects aligned with product drivers, long term capacity and supply planning, options analysis,
- Leads Alliance partner related Project Team(s) meeting to prepare for key governance and internal program endorsement. Ensures collaboration on alliance and non-alliance products.
- Manages the alliance contractual requirements for the products assigned and aligns with legal and alliance management in case of discrepancies.
- Fosters sharing and application of best practices in order to increase efficiency and harmonize ways of working. Contributes to adapt the NVX Operating Model and ways of working by providing new ideas and participating in initiatives.
- BS or advanced degree in Engineering or Science. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years in technical roles of increasing responsibilities in pharmaceutical industry
- Proven ability to manage external manufacturing CMO’s (International Experience is desired)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix based environment where results are achived through both direct action and effective influence of others outrside of the direct supervisory chain
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated ability to distill complex problems into actionable problem statements and direction.
- Able to travel 25% of time
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.