Materials Management Senior Associate
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a late-stage biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally by discovering, developing, and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax is uniquely qualified to address the enduring need for innovative vaccines. We utilize our proprietary recombinant technology platform, which combines genetic engineering's power and speed to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles designed to address urgent global health needs. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world's most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
We are seeking a Materials Management Sr. Associate to oversee the material supporting Novavax operations to ensure product delivery commitments are achieved to meet all the requirements. This is accomplished through the performance of various material handling functions including receiving, stocking, moving, and shipping materials in support of production/distribution requirements while ensuring a smooth material flow within the manufacturing process. This position will team with others within the organization to effectively ensure process of all activities are surfaced in a timely manner. In the performance of the duties for this position the Materials Management Sr. Associate will need to ensure the accuracy of inventory levels, completeness of documentation requirements and the timely processing of data entry requirements. In this role it is important that the MM Specialist and that the candidate has a continuous improvement mindset and promotes/understands all the required activities of this role. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, detail oriented with great work ethics, team player who has experience and interest in working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with broad responsibilities and opportunities.
This person will report to the Materials Management Supervisor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to all areas as it relates to Materials Management operations to meet company needs.
- Assist with ownership and reconciliation of Materials Management trackers.
- Supports receipt to/from loading docks and defined storage area in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Maintain accurate inventory; receive, verify and enter material into the ERP system.
- Supports Packing/shipping material following IATA/DOT regulations.
- Process requests in a timely manner to meet company needs.
- Ensure manufacturing process documentation is organized and scanned.
- Develop awareness of quality/regulatory requirements regarding shipment of materials.
- Ensure parts are appropriately packaged and labelled with data attached per customer requirements or vaccine industry best practices.
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary to meet material movement requirements.
- Moves materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks and storage areas.
- Engages with suppliers / customers for relationship management, customer service and interaction with key stakeholders.
- Contributes to SOP writing.
- Coordinates deviations, change controls and quality records for on-time completion.
- Ensures training plan is up to date and current.
- Initial Operational Excellence experience and continuous improvement projects.
- Working off hours or weekends as needed.
- Ensure work environment remains safe and clean.
- Supports projects, as assigned.
- 3+ years operational experience in the pharma/biopharmaceutical related industry in support of a GMP-compliance manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years in Materials Management supply chain, Cold Chain, logistics, distribution, International shipping requirements or other related experience is preferred.
- Proficient MS Office experience, advanced ability to support ERP/SAP transactions.
- Experience in the Pharma/Biotech or related industry in support of a GMP-compliant manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Ability to utilize an ERP inventory application, knowledge Excel spreadsheets and review of email notifications to accurately process, receive and ship orders.
- Experience with the standards, practices and guidelines relevant to a pharmaceutical and cGMP environment required.
- Strong written/communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively with other Materials. Management colleagues. Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to focus on assignments and seek assistance as needed to meet operational needs.
- Experience with shipping (customs, cold chain, incoterms, valuation, classification, and dangerous goods).
- Skills at organizing multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet business timelines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other Materials Management colleagues.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.