Sr. Calibration Planner Scheduler
See your future through a different lens
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities, the Senior Calibration Planner Scheduler will be part of the Novavax Facilities and Engineering Team. This position will support the calibration team to plan and schedule calibration activities. He/she will be responsible for managing work orders in the BMRAM system. The role is primarily located in Gaithersburg, MD.
The Senior Calibration Planner Scheduler is responsible for the on-time execution of calibration activities while adhering to GxP guidelines and defined SOPs.
- Plans and coordinates calibrations with instrument owners to perform calibration activities.
- Responsible for scheduling external service vendors to support site calibration activities.
- Acts as point of contact and escort for external service vendors who support onsite calibration activities.
- Ensures internal and external vendor calibrations are completed in the month in which they are due.
- Plans a 90 day lookahead for all site calibrations to ensure vendors are scheduled on time.
- Works collaboratively with the Metrology Manager and BMRAM coordinator.
- Responsible for managing the site pipette calibration program.
- Ensures Novavax receives service certificates and or reports in a timely manner after onsite or offsite service is completed.
- Works closely with business operations on quotes and purchase requisitions that support calibration activities. (e.g., Calibration Service Agreement…)
- Responsible to submit BMRAM change requests to reflect the status of an asset.
- Documents work and uploads technical reports accurately and completely to a work order record in a timely manner.
- Partners with internal customers (e.g., instrument or equipment owners …) and suppliers, colleagues, and support services to achieve department goals.
- Understands and adheres to internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
- Effectively communicates safety, quality, technical and training issues to team. Enforces and follows all safety rules and regulations.
- Interacts with all stakeholders and assigned vendors.
- Must be able to specify and request purchase of parts or materials and communicate with manufacturers and vendors.
- Interacts effectively with peers, internal customers, and management to achieve desired outcomes.
- Maintains detailed records of calibration activities and ensures all documentation meets quality and GxP requirements.
- Participates in on-the-job training.
- Possess a positive attitude and the desire to continuously learn.
- Identify and suggest initiatives for continuous improvement of process, quality, safety, and efficiency.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED with 4+ years of experience in a GxP environment or comparable field
- Working experience with a CMMS, planning and scheduling, BMRAM system is a plus.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical equipment, facilities, standards, and processes.
- Adept at using critical thinking to solve technical problems.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Has basic GxP knowledge and understanding.
- Team player with a successful history of working with internal departments and external vendors.
- Self-motivated and can handle multiple jobs with minimal supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Provide your interests and experience, and we'll keep you informed of relevant opportunities, news, and events with Novavax via email and text message updates.