Regional Business Director; Central Region
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position:
The Regional Business Director will fill a critical role in developing key markets AND building the regional organization responsible for the promotion of Novavax’ COVID 19 vaccine and follow-on portfolio of vaccine products. Successful candidates will lead the launch of Novavax’ first US commercial product across multiple states, thereby making a critical contribution to our organization’s growth and development.
Novavax is dedicated to bringing solutions to support patients across the country in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are seeking exceptional leaders who are highly innovative, adaptable and eager to bring a business solutions mindset to our cause.
This role offers the unique and rare opportunity to help build the US vaccine business for Novavax while creating the sales force by hiring and leading a team of Vaccine Account Managers (VAM’s). Additionally, during the VAM build-out, the Regional Business Director will be responsible for developing relationships with key health systems, physician buying groups and additional channels, to help refine our go-to market strategic plan. This role reports to an East/West Senior Area Business Director. The Regional Business Director is a key member of the US Field Sales Launch Leadership Team and will be working collaboratively across Marketing, Access, Trade & Distribution, Legal, Finance, and Medical Affairs teams.
Responsibilities/Attributes include and are not limited to:
- Recruiting, coaching and investing in development of a highly motivated and energetic field vaccine account management team.
- Uses sound judgment to set a clear and compelling vision that outlines how the team’s work contributes to delivering the overall strategy and mission at Novavax.
- Facilitates alignment with cross functional partners to successfully lead business and account planning for the region. Strong prioritization skills are essential in creating and driving successful business execution.
- Holds self and team accountable for business results and demonstration of the Novavax core values.
- Collaboration with Market Access, Trade and Medical Affairs teams to ensure that the product value is recognized by policy and payer authorities.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of customer and competitor insights critical to building and executing strategic plans.
- Create new approaches to customer engagement and value creation in this new and evolving marketplace.
- Serve as Novavax’ initial point of customer engagement with key stakeholders, including but not limited to Health Systems, Physician Buying Groups, IDN/GPOs, Distributors and Retailers.
- Build account relationships (B2B/B2C) to support education, contracting and purchase of Novavax products
- Sees ambiguity as opportunity and can work with highly complex issues. Enjoys working in an ambiguous environment where all the answers are not clear and has the ability to juggle multiple issues at one time.
- Maintains alignment with all business planning and customer engagements.
- Region includes ND/SD/NE/KS/MO/IA/MN/WI
- Minimum 10 years’ sales leadership experience with diverse and increasing commercial leadership responsibilities, such as Regional or Key Account management, Field Sales Management, Trade & Distribution
- Comprehensive knowledge of the drug development and regulatory approval process, and of health policy and health care system stakeholders (e.g., managed care, public sector payers, emerging models of care)
- Vaccines or biologics, buy/bill, corporate account leadership will be critical for success in this unique role
- Demonstrated success in commercial launches & innovative business solutions to product adoption/access
- Proven track record of top performance in both account management as well as people management
- Verified Strategic planning, Leadership, Contracting/Negotiation, Excellent Communication skills are essential
- BA/BS degree and/or advanced degree (MBA or scientific degree) preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%, which may include overnight / weekend travel
- A valid US driver's license required
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)