Regional Marketing Director, APAC
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
The Regional Marketing Director’s primary role is to plan, develop, execute and optimize brand strategies and plans to maximize impact in APAC countries while maintaining alignment with the overall global brand plan. The role will be based in the Novavax APAC office or can be remote. This individual works closely with the global brand customer marketing and market analytics teams based in the HQ office in Gaithersburg, MD, and internal support functions to manage all phases of execution for all customer facing materials. The Marketing Director also plays a key role in generating insights to drive ongoing optimization of brand campaigns and continual alignment of plans and strategies with brand objectives, goals and budgets as they pertain to the APAC markets. This role is an individual contributor role initially, with the potential for supervisory responsibility in the future.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be the APAC strategic brand expert who leads Novavax’ commercial brand strategy within APAC markets for the COVID-19 vaccine Nuvaxovid and other pipeline assets in the future.
- Collaborate with HQ based global brand marketing and market analytics team to develop a comprehensive and innovative annual Brand plan that supports commercial brand positioning, brand narrative, disease awareness and thought leadership for Nuvaxovid (and pipeline assets in the future).
- Shape the key elements that will help position Novavax position as a leader in the vaccines market, working closely with the global brand team.
- Work effectively within the vaccines commercial function, across the brands and with market access to ensure consistent strategic and tactical implementation of global communication programs and initiatives to support the global commercial brand strategies.
- Support APAC field (and partner) needs including brand training and best in class tactical tools for engagement with customers in face to face and remote/digital settings by understanding and communicating country specific regulatory requirements
- Working with the global market analytics team to develop key performance metrics by country and measure ROI.
- Provide strong project management/leadership on country specific key communications activities and initiatives, ensuring they are completed on time with a high level of quality, in accordance with Compliance, Legal and Regulatory requirements.
- Role requires ~30-40% international travel.
- College degree with MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in vaccines/pharmaceuticals brand management and/or customer facing roles. Prior experience in vaccines/infectious disease strongly preferred.
- Direct experience working in an APAC country or countries required.
- Able to translate complex scientific information into clear, concise language, understandable by all audiences, both verbally and in writing; strong writing skills
- Proven ability and hands-on experience navigating complex product communications issues
- Thinks strategically, prioritizes effectively and delivers high-impact results
- Exceptional project management experience, including managing several programs/ projects simultaneously
- Strong business acumen and robust understanding of regulatory requirements as they relate to marketing programs and initiatives
- Collaborative leadership skills to influence without authority and work effectively with senior leadership
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with stakeholders; demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Strong and respectful interpersonal and partnering skills, and the ability to build meaningful and sustainable relationships at all levels and functions of the organization
- A dynamic and positive team player with excellent organizational, influencing, presentation and written communications skills
- Solution-oriented, demonstrates quick analysis, thoughtful and ethical judgment, and rapid response on corporate reputational topics and issues, including ability to convincingly articulate the company’s position internally and externally
- Pragmatic and willing to drive and support change
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive decisions and innovative solutions
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)