Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company creating recombinant protein nanoparticle vaccines to address a broad range of infectious diseases. The company is developing a portfolio of vaccine candidates targeting seasonal and pandemic influenza (H5N1), a vaccine designed to protect children and the elderly against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), rabies and other candidates. In addition, the company is developing its vaccine candidates for worldwide commercialization including:
- a joint venture in India with Cadila Pharmaceuticals;
- a licensing arrangement with LG Life Sciences in Korea;
- a collaboration with PATH for the development of an RSV vaccine for the protection of infants through maternal immunization;
- an advanced seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccine development contract with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA); and
- a research collaboration with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to develop a virus-like particle (VLP) vaccine countermeasure to protect the United States from foot-and-mouth disease.
Our world-class scientific team is using VLP technology to tackle influenza viruses – including avian strains that have the potential to cause a pandemic outbreak. Our team has created vaccine candidates that are in various phases of clinical testing designed to protect against various circulating strains of pandemic influenza including H1N1 and H5N1, as well as seasonal influenza. Our recombinant nanoparticle protein micelle technology targeted at RSV has been tested in various preclinical studies and has now advanced into clinical testing.
Our vision is to control the spread of infectious diseases by using a unique single-use manufacturing system that allows for the rapid mass production of recombinant protein nanoparticle vaccines. Our goal is to be able to rapidly deliver a customized vaccine in the midst of a declared pandemic.